The 2nd MID Summit took place on 30th September 2021 as a full-day event free of charge. The event attracted over 90 visitors to Nuremberg and presented innovative technologies for the construction, development and production of mechatronic integrated devices. With the MID Summit, the Research Association 3-D MID promotes networking among its members and with interested parties from all application sectors and the entire supply chain.
The visitors could look forward to seven English-speaking presentations from industry and research on topics related to MID technologies. Presentations ranged from “3-D Applications of Printed Electronics” to “Down to the limits of the circuit dimension with SSAIL” and “DENSO’s sustainability concept”.
At the exhibition, 17 companies and institutes presented their latest projects and technologies, which were illustrated by numerous demonstrators. The open exhibition made it easy for visitors and exhibitors to network and exchange ideas over snacks and drinks from the buffet.
The three guided tours offered by TESCAN, YAMAHA and FAPS through nearby research laboratories attracted great interest among the visitors. Among other things, the 3D assembly of Yamaha Motor Europe and the scanning electron microscope of TESCAN were demonstrated. At the poster sessions, the research institutes and companies involved in the projects presented their current research projects.
The next MID Summit is planned for 2022. You can find more information about the MID Summit here.
Photo 1: Richard Vereijssen from Yamaha Motors Europe gives his presentation “An introduction to Yamaha Robotics”; Photographer: Christian Voigt
Photo 2: Martin Muckebauer from the Chair of FAPS (FAU) guides visitors through the research laboratories; Source: 3-D MID
Exhibiting companies and institutes
- 2E mechatronic GmbH & Co. KG
- ATN Automatisierungstechnik Niemeier GmbH
- Ensinger Sintimid GmbH
- FED e.V.
- Fraunhofer Institute for Mechatronic Systems Design (IEM)
- Fraunhofer Institute for Machine Tools and Forming Technology (IWU)
- Keeling & Walker
- Chair FAPS, Friedrich-Alexander-University Erlangen-Nuremberg
- Chair LKT, Friedrich-Alexander-University Erlangen-Nuremberg
- LPKF Laser & Electronics AG
- Neotech AMT GmbH
- Printed Electronics Franken
- Sunway Communication AB
- TESCAN GmbH
- Yamaha Motors Europe N.V.
Research projects presented
Photo 3: The exhibiting companies and institutes present their latest MID technologies and demonstrators; Photographer: Christian Voigt
Photo 4: The research institutes and project-accompanying companies present the current research projects at the poster sessions; Source: 3-D MID
- LaDi-Print – Fast and flexible generation of conductor structures for the production of large-area mechatronic components by laser-assisted direct printing – (BLZ, FAPS)
- NiMm3 – Nickel-free metallisation systems on 3D MID substrate materials – (FAPS, Hahn-Schickard)
- OLE-3D – Digital printing of organic optoelectronics on 3D bodies – (FAPS, ZAE)
- DigiTime – Digital printing of conductive inks by inkjet for miniaturisation of electronic assemblies – (FAPS)
- PrESens – Additive manufacturing for the integration of sensor technology in mechatronic systems – (FAPS, TH Nürnberg)
- Ressiar MID – Smart sensor systems for IoT applications in the retrofit of machines and systems with spatial integration technologies – (Fraunhofer IEM, TH OWL)
- 3D-Copperprint – Generative production of copper conductor paths by means of laser sintering on adaptive spatial circuit carriers – (ITA)
- 3D-MLD – 3D multilayer printing of mechatronic integrated devices – (ITA)
- AgOn3D – Silver Sintering on 3D Ceramic Substrates for Electronics in High Temperature Applications – (TH AB, FAPS)
- Active Power – Development of a ceramic injection-moulded 3D circuit carrier for contacting and integration of power electronics using low-resistance active slots – (KIT PT, KIT AM, FAPS)
- Averdi – Alternative densification processes for inks containing nanoparticles printed with digital printing processes for planar MID – (TH Nürnberg, FAPS)
- MikSin – Sintering of printed conductive structures by energy input using microwave irradiation – (TH Wildau, Fraunhofer IAP, FAPS)
- HF printing – Generation of 3D functional structures for high-frequency applications by printing processes – (LHFT, FAPS)
- AMPEC – Additive manufacturing of power electronic circuit carriers – (FAU WW3, FAPS)
- SIMONE – Characterisation method for determining the sintering properties of printed micro- and nanoparticle-containing inks and their influence on the homogeneity of conductivity and reliability – (LHFT, FAPS)
- MiniHelix – Miniaturisation of helix antennas for RF applications by additive manufacturing processes and 3D functionalisation – (LHFT, FAPS)
- INFINITE – Integrative manufacturing of insulation systems in electrical engineering – (LKT, FAPS)
- Duroplast-MID – Investigations into the manufacture of injection-moulded, thermoset circuit carriers using LDS technology – (LKT, Hahn-Schickard)